Due to Covid restrictions we plan to offer a virtual synagogue tour, assemblies, talks and class lessons about Judaism and Holocaust education.
Prior To Your Visit
We are happy to talk with teachers to find out which elements of Judaism they would like us to teach. Whether this be an investigation into places of worship, a look at our religious practice or simply a general study of the Jewish faith.
We also have a selection of worksheets for the children to use. We recommend that they complete these before they arrive, to enable them to get the most out of their visit. Please e-mail us if you would like us to provide these.
A visit to the synagogue generally includes:
- A tour of the outside and inside of the synagogue.
- A general introduction to Judaism.
- An explanation of the various religious items within the synagogue.
- A look inside the Ark, and an opportunity to see a real handwritten Torah scroll up close.
- An explanation of any other topics that you would like us to cover. We will aim to address your individual needs.
- At the end of the tour there will be an opportunity for students to ask questions.